Tuesday, February 07, 2006

All Aboard! - February 7, 2006

Well, here I am. On the majestic Rhapsody of the Seas.

Majestic? Well, I wouldn't go THAT far...

Anyway, our office run (where we show the office staff at Royal Caribbean that we do, in fact, know these shows) went really well. My favorite part was that I got to spend about four days with Levi visiting and seeing everything that I was doing, so that was awesome. I felt really insecure about our first show, Rock on Broadway, and my nerves were really getting to me, but Levi gave me a little pep talk in between the two shows, and Piano Man was fine.

My parents came, which was really nice, and so did Cindy, my best friend, with her new puppy Sebastian. Unfortunatly, the drive down took 5 hours instead of 3.5, and the puppy pooped in the crate during the show while we were gone and he was at our apartment.. oh well. He was cute enough to get away with it. It was so awesome to have her there, though. (Cindy, not the puppy. He was cute, but I'm really glad Cindy was there.) Apparently the drive back was bad too, but I haven't been able to get the full details on that yet... now THAT's a best friend. A girl who would drive five hours both ways to see me dance for a few minutes and grab dinner with my family. She's awesome.

Ok, so now, ship life. What you've all been waiting to hear about.

Well, to begin, everything looks the same in the crew area. It's all white metal walls everywhere. We can't go into the nice passenger area unless we're dressed up. (There's lots of funny rules like that) My room is MINISCULE. I mean TINY! Unreal how small it is. My roommate Robyn almost cried when she saw it. Really, really small. And I have the top bunk. Yuck.

We're also dancing about 10-12 hours a day, which is also a yuck. It's just for the first two weeks, but it's INTENSE, to say the least.

But it's not all bad. The people on board are nice. It's more of a UN than my rehearsal period was! Everyone is from the Phillipenes, Puerto Rico, Russia, Canada, etc. etc. But they're all cool. The theater is really nice too. So there's many positive points.

We're in Key West today. The boat isn't rocking much now. Sailing out of Galveston on our first night and day, though, was really bad. I didn't get sick, but felt very ill. It rocks you to sleep at night, though, so that's nice.

Well, that's all for now. Even though I could type a LOT more about ship life, I have to go eat before MORE rehearsals. (That's right, from 8-10 pm we have rehearsals. YUCK!)

I miss all of you, and dry land, already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home