Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane? - February 14, 2006

Well, I guess every adventure story needs some drama...

As we all know, a so-called "donkey kick" has taken me out for the past week or so. I've been on pain killers and muscle relaxants, and getting gradually better. (Slowly but surely)

Now, I have an appointment with an Orthopaedic Doctor in Cozumel. (Yeah, they're sending me to a doctor in Mexico... shady? Yes.) And my doctor on board said he might send me home.

Ok, now it has to be said that part of me does want to go home.

A lot.

I left a lot of things I miss back in Florida. Levi, my family, my cat, the steady sensation of being on dry land instead of on the water and my equilibrium....

But another part of me wants to stay so much.

I came here for a reason. I was sent here to learn something about life, about myself, about my art.

Now, it all might be cut short.

I guess if he sends me home, though, it's for good reason. They don't just send people home for no reason. It would mean that I have a serious problem and need therapy to fix my back. Everyone keeps saying it's not worth ruining my career in dance just for one contract on a ship. Everyone keeps emphasizing that this is my instrument and I have to take care of it.

But it's up to Dr. Whoever in Cozumel, Mexico, I guess.

So say a little prayer for me, one way or the other.

(Oh, and I have an eye infection, so pray for that too!)

Thanks.

So maybe I'll see be seeing you soon...

(Unless my eye infection gets worse. Then I'll only see you in mono instead of stereo....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home