Monday, May 15, 2006

The Phillipino Mafia - May 15, 2006

Funny things happen to me every day.

But the rate of hilarity seems to speed up when Nathan's around.

Case in point: The Phillipino Mafia.

Phillipinos make up the majority of the crew on board. Therefore, the joke is that they run the ship.

(And the real joke is that it's not a joke at all. They really do.)

Anyway, the Phillipinos on board, like to speculate as to whether I am Chinese, Phillipino, Japanese, Thai... the list goes on and on. They like to believe I'm Phillipino somehow, and sometimes send me interesting Phillipino dishes while we're all eating dinner. (Once they sent over some shiny chicken legs... and even though I tried to explain my vegetarian tendancies, they insisted I take it. So I did. And handed them out to my friends.)

At any rate, I'm kind of a big deal around here. (Haha, just kidding. Anchorman was on TV last week. Hilarious)

So I'm kind of the mystery girl- is she Phillipino, is she Chinese, but she's American, right?

And as a result, I get stared at. A lot.

This is compounded by the fact that I'm a girl.

And this usually angers any guy I'm walking with. (And rightfully so!)

Ryan has taken to walking behind me when guys stop in the hall to watch me walk by.
Matt mutters under his breath about how he'd like to get his hands on those guys one day and.... well, you get the idea.

And Nathan, well, Nathan takes it to the next level.

"WHAT are you STARING at?" He shouted at them one night. "It's RUDE!" He laid it out for them.

I ran away embarassed, but cracking up.

Other times, he's suggested to them: "Take a PICTURE! It'll last longer!" and that I should just hand out my headshots as I walk down the I-95. (The main hallway on the ship.)

I don't think that would be the best idea.

At any rate, Nathan is hilarous when he defends me. (And he's hilarious generally all the time as well.)

I know all the staring and questioning is just in good fun. And so is Nathan. (Most of the time...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home