Sunday, February 19, 2006

Goodbye Rhapsody, for now... - February 19, 2006

Well, the doctor in Galveston confirmed it.

A sprain.

2 weeks of absolutely no work.

4 to 6 weeks of physical therapy.

And a one way ticket home.

~ ~ ~

Hopefully, I'll come back to the ship after therapy, but it's really not up to me. I told Dee, the dance captain, to relay the message to the casting agency that I ONLY wanted to come back on THIS ship during THIS contract period- but I guess I don't have much to bargain with.

A sprained back is no good to a show...

So I'm going home for a few days to see my family and Levi, then I'm going to go to Chicago for therapy for a week or two. (And I get to see my sister, a big bonus) The therapists up there really know how to work on dancers, so I'll be in good hands. Hopefully Levi will come up for a few days too- the more people to take care of me (and my ailing sister, recovering from knee surgery), the merrier, I suppose.

~ ~ ~

I wanted to thank everyone who has been reading my blogs, and those who have responded with encouraging words. I loved signing on to see that people were not only interested in my weird life, but really cared about me too.

I'll be ok, and I'm bound and determined to get back on the ship after I'm healed, and I'm sure therapy will provide some funny blogs, so the adventure is far from over.

It's just been put on pause for now.

So stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home