Sunday, June 11, 2006

A demand granted... - June 11, 2006

Well, it's offical. I love blogging. I love that people like my blogging. I love you people.... but here's a true fan....

"I'm obsessed with reading your blog. You write well. It's also a lifestyle I would never lead (seeing as I'm a guy, never been on a cruise, and dance like Elaine Benes from 'Seinfeld').

Thanks,
Joseph"

Hi Joseph. This one's for you.

~ ~ ~

Cozumel. A hot day in Mexico.

To set the scene, Ryan, Katie (new Girl 2 singer and roomie) and I are walking down the sweltering streets of Cozumel. Katie suggests a cute resturant down the street from the pier. So off we go.

Or so we think...

We walk for a while, and since Cozumel is devastated from the hurricanes of last year (or Hummer-canes, as Gilligan would say) there is construction going on everywhere.

And what comes with construction but construction workers?

And their cat calls....

(It's like they've never seen a woman before?!?!)

So we hear it all.

"Hey bonita chica!"
"Hey pretty girls!"
"What are you doing toniiiight?"
"Hey beautiful!"

Ryan is getting more and more upset... every guy who calls gets an eyeful from our six-foot friend and officer on the bridge, Ryan.

But Katie and I blissfully ignore the Construction-Worker-Cavemen calling us. We immerse ourselves in some useful girl talk of our boyfriend (by me) and boys who would like to be boyfriends (by her).

Then, cars and scooters get into the game.

-Honk Honk-0
"Hey American girls!"
-Honk Honk-
"Hey pretty!"
-Honk Honk-

Ryan by now is FUMING. He's ready to punch out every other Mexican construction worker who stops working to check us out and every driver slowing down to honk at us...

...when....

-Honk Honk-

- BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! -

A scooter, honking at us, rams in to the back of a van.

The two guys on the scooter are not in good shape. One crawls across the sidewalk in front of us grabbing his knee....

Katie and I are confused and try to help this poor guy out, until Ryan points out to us that it was US that caused this hideous scene.

"US???" I ask, incredulously.....

"Yeah!" Ryan replies. And adds to the driver of the scooter "Next time, keep your eyes on the road, eh?"

Turns out, these poor gents were honking at us, and rammed into a bus...

And that's the day I learned I could stop traffic.

~ ~ ~
Fin.

(For Joseph.... and everyone else....)

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want everyone to know that I KNEW Selena could stop traffic! That's why I'm still kind of trying to figure out how Levi caught her attention. Unless, of course, it was a similar situation. You know, Levi rode his bike into a car or something, and, seeing the fool, Selena lent a hand to him. Okay, actually, this all makes sense now. Never mind, I see.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Selena said...

hahaha, hilarious! It's funny, 'cause I'm actually trying to figure out how I caught HIS attention? He's the big rock star, remember? hehe.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Volunteer Guy said...

angelo underscore villagomez at hotmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home