Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Almost Showtime... - October 4, 2006

Well, in less than 10 hours I start my career on stage as an official "Disney Cast Member."

And I can't wait.

~ ~ ~

Oh, and ps-by-the-way, I think I got approved, 'cause I'm on the schedule for tomorrow, so thanks for all of your good thoughts and wishes. I'm so excited about it all!

~ ~ ~

This morning we had rehearsal at 5 am at the Kingdom and there were bunches of people there for the first "Dream" that was coming true. One family won an online drawing to be the first VIP family in the park for our year long campaign, and as part of the presentation, they hid something like 2,000-6,000 employees on Main Street and had them all jump out at once. (Can anyone say heart attack?)

Anyway, I met a really nice guy on the bus to the Kingdom who was from MGM. (Well, everyone is nice at Disney, for the most part. I heard from another dancer at rehearsal that there was some woman on her bus saying a VERY cheery "Well, Good MORNING!" to everyone on the bus. Yikes.)

Anywho, he was really sweet and very excited when he found out I was a dancer in the new Castle Show. We talked for a little bit about how his daughter loved the princesses in the shows and such, and when we got to the Tunnel he got kinda quiet.

"Do you mind if I tell you something?" He asked shyly.

Of course, I didn't.

"You know how that guy went into the school house last week and shot those girls, and all those terrible things that are happening all around the world right now? Well, seeing dancers really makes me feel like there's hope the for humanity. Like what you're doing up there is really what the human spirit is all about. It's really great, what you do."

Or something to that effect.

Whatever he said, it definately made me tear up.

(Either that, or the fact that it was 4:30 am and I had only had about an hour of sleep...)

At any rate, tomorrow I'll be on that stage, in the sweltering heat, dancing my little butt off...

and having the time of my life.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! My friend, Angela, is a dancer, and would kill for that job.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for hoards of Disneyphiles to find your blog and to be like, "OMG, this is so cool, she's a KOK!"

Do they still call you guys KOK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home